Saturday, February 03, 2007

beautiful, delicious roasted veggies


OH, MY! These are so amazing and addictive and I cannot stop eating them! Roasted Sweet Potato Fries and Cauliflower. Forever grateful to Bazu, for sharing this link which inspired me to roast cauliflower.

Roasted Sweet Potato Fries & Cauliflower

4 Tbsp. olive oil
2 tbsp lime juice
2 tsp. garlic powder
1 tsp. crushed red pepper
2 tsp. hot chili powder
2 tbsp. jalapeno mustard
1/2 tsp. ground black pepper
2 tsp. salt
3 cups sweet potato fries
1 head cauliflower, cut into bite size pieces


preheat oven to 400 degrees. in a large bowl, stir together first 8 ingredients. add sweet potatoes and cauliflower and stir until evenly coated. arrange veggies in a single layer on baking sheet. bake 20 minutes, turn veggies over, and bake another 10 minutes, until browned. Serve with ranch dressing and TRY TO SHARE!! :)

*cut the first 8 ingredients in half and use for just cauliflower or just sweet potato fries. good stuff!

Labels: , ,

9 Comments:

Blogger Brooke said...

Yum yum yum yum! I will have to try this recipe! :-)

1:36 PM

 
Blogger Dori said...

Roasted cauliflower is one of my favorites, your seasonings are a little different than mine. Variation is good.

6:27 AM

 
Blogger madeinalaska said...

Jalapeno mustard???? may have to just try this and omit that I have never heard of such a thing..
roasted veggies.. YUM

12:00 PM

 
Blogger TC said...

Looks wonderful! I'll have to try this one out!

12:05 PM

 
Blogger bazu said...

Looks SO good! how can something so healthy be so delicous-looking too? I'm glad the link was useful to you. And I was so intrigued by your previous post- curry noodles?? I've never had such a thing- maybe next time I'm near a Trader Joe's...

6:43 PM

 
Blogger Judy said...

I have heard so much about roasted cauliflower lately, but I have yet to try it myself. I love sweet potatoes, and I have a newfound obsession with cauli, so I'm sure I'll love it.

7:32 AM

 
Blogger Lizard Princess said...

I just wanted you to know that this looked so yummy that I emailed it to myself! I can't wait to try it!

8:31 AM

 
Blogger Lizard Princess said...

PS-
I just linked you- I hope that's OK! If you don't desire to be linked on my blog, let me know and I will delete it right away!

8:42 AM

 
Blogger islandgirlshell said...

brooke - thanks for visiting me. YUM doesn't begin to describe it! If you try this recipe, make sure you're home alone because you'll want to eat it all and you won't want any witnesses :)

dori - raosted cauliflower will now be one of my favs. would love to try your recipe!

julee - i guess jalapeno mustard is a regional thing. i almost took a pic of the grocery store shelf...we have about 5 different kinds! i'd love to send you some, if you send me your address. maybe we could trade for something that's regional to Alaska??


tc - thanks for stopping by and for the compliment! Let me know if you try it!

bazu - hi there! i had a hard time believing the healthful part as i was eating these, too... the amount of olive oil and the massive quantities i ate might cut down on any healthiness that was present in the veggies before. they are much better than typical fast food though, right? (i hope!)and oh, yes, the curry noodles were very good! i hope you are able to find some. :)

judy - thanks for popping in! i guess it is the season for roasting veggies and it's a wonderful way to eat cauliflower. i tolerated it in most everything else, but i truly love it roasted! it's like a different veggie!

lizard princess - hi there! i'm glad you said "hi."i've never seen your blog before - look forward to reading it. i don't mind being linked at all :) Thanks!

9:37 PM

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home