Friday, February 02, 2007

curry pasta & kimchi



Found this at Trader Joe's a few months ago and just got around to using it. They're very slightly curry flavored noodles, which is perfect for us because we like curry just a little bit. Used it in a typical breakfast soup. My two oldest girls ate it and liked it a lot, although they thought I went a little crazy on the chili sauce :)



And here's my first batch of kimchi this year. This is something the kids don't touch, but my husband and I love it. It's crunchy and sour and salty and has lots of "good for you" stuff in it. Check out Rejuvenative Foods for a store bought option. Used this recipe for the first time, and although it was barely spicy, it turned out good. I think the problem was that the recipe called for cayenne and not Korean chili powder.

Labels: , , , , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger bazu said...

Wow- homemade kimchi- you are advanced! I used to live with a Korean roommate and really enjoyed learning a bit about the cuisine.

8:03 AM

 
Blogger Pixie said...

I have never made kimchi. How neat! Me and my husband love it. We used to eat only the jar kind we'd find in the commissary then when I went to Korea I was introduced to all sorts. I couldn't get enough of it. I'm sure my pores were oozing with the stuff, but man, I love it...didn't care. Perhaps I'll try making it, too.

11:07 AM

 
Blogger islandgirlshell said...

bazu & pixie - i was a little apprehensive when i first made it, but so far it's always turned out delicious. i've made it about 6 times. it's easy. you SHOULD try it :)

7:47 AM

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home