Friday, April 27, 2007

greens

Two recent meals that were devoured by the whole family. I may have to change the name of the blog soon as the whining is becoming very infrequent. Asking for salads...eating greens...what's next!?!

Spanakorizo from Madhur Jaffrey's World Vegetarian



Lentil and Greens Stew (recipe) made with chard and kale. Served in a bread bowl. Gotta love that edible dinnerware! :)



Seriously, I am really seeing a change in my kids lately. Sometimes, I can't believe it. Mainly talking about my 6, 8, and 16 year olds (the 5 and 3 year olds are still not on board yet!) They discuss with me how sick they feel when they eat certain old favorites, and how much better they feel when eating healthy...they comment on how good dinner smells and then sit down and dig in, not questioning what the ingredients are...they specifically REQUEST undisguised, veggie-filled dinners...I could go on. This might not sound so amazing to some of you but it's like a complete turn around for them. Along with our bad choices in food, we had some pretty bad behavior in our kids at the dinner table. Who knew changing their diets would help in so many ways?

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger josh said...

Yay Shelly! good job! I bet the whining wouldn't have declined if you weren't making great food... :)

8:24 AM

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home